Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Morning bike ride & Den Haag


Hoi! Sometimes in the morning I'll go for a bike ride after breakfast. Here are some pictures from my last ride through Oost Maarland (one of the surrounding towns from Maastricht). Believe it or not this is only four miles outside of Maastricht. The Dutch countryside is beautiful. Lots of cows...everywhere, but very green and fresh.

Oost Maarland



Friends on the morning ride

On Tuesday I went to Den Haag (The Hague) to have some documents legalized in order to obtain my residency permit. Den Haag is about two and half hours from Maastricht. My mission was complete by 10 a.m., so I visited the Mauritshuis and Haags Historisch Museum. I bought a Museumkaart two weeks ago and I was able to visit the museums for 'free'. The collection includes paintings by Vermeer, Rembrandt, Brueghel, and Rubens, among others. (It's most famous painting is The Girl with the Pearl Earring). It's a beautiful building.

I walked around Den Haag a little bit afterwards, but because of the typical Dutch weather (rain and more rain) I decided to head back to Maastricht.

Mauritshuis, Den Haag (The Hague)



The Girl with the Pearl Earring, Vermeer

1 comment: