Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snowy Maastricht

We woke up this morning to more snow outside. I took a stroll after my doctor's appointment and took some pictures. (This was my first experience with the Dutch healthcare system and so far, so good). Since it was early, I was able to take some pictures without having lots of people in the shot. 

I'm obsessed with the old fortifications surrounding the inner city. They are so old! You just can't find monuments like this in the U.S. I'm always fascinated by them. 

I'm enjoying the snow this time of year. It really makes me feel like it's Christmas time. And unfortunately, the winter weather has given me a cold. :( I'll be resting indoors today drinking my 'winter tea' and reading Time magazine. But my invigorating walk this morning has given me an excuse to relax and nurse this cold today. :) 
Medieval fortifications
Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek


2 comments:

  1. Nice pics. Enjoy! There is no trace of snow though here in Rotterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's melting away, but was beautiful for awhile!

    ReplyDelete